Sunday, July 03, 2016

Currently Reading: I Almost Forgot About You by Terry McMillan

I first started reading I Almost Forgot about You ,  by Terry McMillan, when  I was visiting my parents.  I stopped at Square Books in Oxford, where I as able to meet Terry McMillan, to read the first chapter of the book.  After reading "The Uses of Sorrow" by Mary Oliver at the beginning of the book, I became intrigued.  After reading the first chapter, I decided to finish reading the book.

I do not buy as many books as in the past since the majority of my library is in storage.  Therefore, I requested the book from my library.  There were two people ahead of me, so I assumed it would take forever for my chance to read the book.

Today, I checked my email, I became filled with excitement.  I was notified that my hold for I Almost Forgot about You was available.  My library, Central Mississippi Library System, using the Axis 360 application to allow patrons to check out electronic versions of books.  I immediately downloaded the book to my iPad and my iPhone.  Since this is my first time using Axis 360, I quickly learned that the application does not sync between the two devices.  The Axis 360 application only crashed on me twice, which was kind of frustrating. So, I made sure to mark my pages, as I read. I was disappointed that I could not download the ebook version for my Kindle, but I am satisfied with the application.  Ever chance I get, I am trying to read this book.  I have 13 days before I have to return it.  I do not want the book returned before I have finished it.

Have you read I Almost Forgot About You?

Let's connect on Goodreads.
Connect with me on Facebook.
Follow me on Twitter.  
my currently-reading shelf:
Cassandra Hawkins Wilder's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
Check out my other blog: Transitioning to Me: Life after Divorce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Akash and Mila and the Big Jump by Anthony C. Delauney

Book: Akash and Mila and the Big Jump Author: Anthony C. Delauney Format: Hardcover Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟(5 Stars) Book synopsis: Akash and Mil...