Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Audiobooks

Initially, I started with a subscription to Scribd. However, I did not like how I could not access the books after I read them.  If you haven't guessed it, I am a book hoarder, whether in paperback, hardback, or electronic form.  I checked out available audiobooks at my local library.  Also, I downloaded free audiobooks from LibriVox. Additionally, I decided to sign up for Audible.  Audible costs more than Scribd, but I own the books, and I can replay them, which is very important to me.  I love that I can download them to my iPod or in iTunes, or I play the audiobooks in the Audible app on my phone.  Since I have been commuting to work, I have devoured several audiobooks:

  1. for colored girls who have considered suicide/when the rainbow is enuf
  2. Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person
  3. Meditations
  4. The Art of War 
  5. The Science of Getting Rich
  6. The First 90 Days: Critical Success Strategies for New Leaders at All Levels
  7. The Power of Now
Currently, I am listening to The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo.  I am really enjoying how many books I have completed in less than 30 days.  I will review them as soon as I can, but for now, I will keep listening.  

Do you enjoy audiobooks?  What is your favorite audiobook? 


Let's connect on Goodreads.
Connect with me on Facebook.
Follow me on Twitter.  
my currently-reading shelf:
Cassandra Hawkins Wilder's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
Check out my other blog: Transitioning to Me: Life after Divorce.

Discovering the Joys of Being in a Book Club

Heaven and Earth Grocery Store Reading has been a sanctuary for me for as long as I can remember. Being surrounded by books provides unimagi...