Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Fifty Shades of Grey has left me completely speechless. Suggested by a guy I met at a restaurant, this book is definitely not my normal genre to read. The complexity and up/down mannerisms of Christian Grey and the naive, overthinking Anastasia Steele lead me from page 1 to page 514. Even though the writer's ability to transform the plot isn't top-notched, I was intrigued nevertheless. I vigorously read page after page, often in the wee hours of the morning. Not sure if I would recommend this book for others unless they are into literature, which includes erotism. The ending disappointed me, but I am sure the disappointed is the author's trick to get me to read part 2 of the trilogy. I am not so sure I am going to read the other two books. I need a mental break from Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey.

Before reading this book, I didn't know anything about the world of BDSM, but this book opened me to the unfamiliar and unreal world of BDSM. Having to know what BDSM, I went to the all knowing Google and searched it. Dumbfounded by the accuracy within the book to this world of sexuality and erotism, I am amazed. The contract IS REAL. The submission is REAL.

Since I am new to the dating world, I am really wondering how would I respond to someone like Christian Grey. That is definitely something to THINK ABOUT.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Akash and Mila and the Big Jump by Anthony C. Delauney

Book: Akash and Mila and the Big Jump Author: Anthony C. Delauney Format: Hardcover Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟(5 Stars) Book synopsis: Akash and Mil...