Sunday, August 06, 2017

Book Review: The First Gospel by Darryl Nyznyk


Purchase Book
Book Title: The First Gospel
Author: Darryl Nyznyk
Format: Paperback
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

The First Gospel was the second book that I read by Darryl Nyznyk. (See my review of The Condor Song.)

I was attracted to the book because of the cover.  I was intrigued to discover how the cover related to the actual text.

The First Gospel is a historical fiction novel that keeps you enthralled until the very end.  The main character, Matt Carter, is thrown into a religious fight that leaves him wondering if he will live to see the next day.

Matt Carter's family owned a parchment that was key to the religious fight. Matt becomes aware of the deadly fight, when a former professor, Samuel Rosen sends Matt a letter before he is killed. After the death of Samuel Rosen, the religious fight intensifies with death after death.

As I read The First Gospel, I was reminded of The Divinci Code.  Darryl Nyznyk creates in an amazing plot that makes me, at times, wished that I read faster. I really enjoyed reading this book and connecting with the characters.  The unusual twists and turns kept me reading the book to discover how it would end.  If you are into historical fiction, this book is a must-read.


Sign up for the newsletter: MS Bookworm Newsletter.
Follow me on Instagram.
Let's connect on Goodreads.
Connect with me on Facebook.
Follow me on Twitter.  
Currently Reading shelf:
Cassandra Hawkins Wilder's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
Check out my personal blog: Transitioning to Me: Life after Divorce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Discovering the Joys of Being in a Book Club

Heaven and Earth Grocery Store Reading has been a sanctuary for me for as long as I can remember. Being surrounded by books provides unimagi...