Friday, April 19, 2024

Book Review: Akash and Mila and the Big Jump by Anthony C. Delauney

Book: Akash and Mila and the Big Jump
Author: Anthony C. Delauney
Format: Hardcover
Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟(5 Stars)

Book synopsis:

Akash and Mila and the Big Jump is a rhyming book that helps young children overcome the fear of judgment and understand that making mistakes is okay. Akash and Mila are so excited to go to gymnastics for the first time! But when it comes time to do the first activity, the Big Jump, Akash takes a bit of a tumble. This makes both Akash and Mila nervous to try jumping again. But with a little support from their new friends, they regain their confidence and find the courage to try the Big Jump again.

Book review:

I recently received the book, Akash and Mila and the Big Jump. I was extremely excited about sharing this book with my eight-year-old child, whom I homeschool. We read this book together, and I must say that I was delighted with the text. Since the book is rhyming, he enjoyed reading it to me. I liked the book's framework because it focuses on judgment and decision-making. Children need to know the significance of decision-making and how their judgment guides their decisions. My son and I especially enjoyed the illustrations by Chiara Civati. The illustrations included a diverse group of children who were friends. 

I also liked Akash and Mila and the Big Jump for my son because it shares the importance of emotions and being able to express feelings to others. I have always encouraged my children to share what they are feeling. This book demonstrates the power of friends and the importance of feeling safe confiding with friends about your feelings. 

I highly recommend that parents, teachers, and loved ones not only purchase Akash and Mila and the Big Jump for the children in their lives but also have conversations after they read. I am excited about this series and look forward to more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Akash and Mila and the Big Jump by Anthony C. Delauney

Book: Akash and Mila and the Big Jump Author: Anthony C. Delauney Format: Hardcover Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟(5 Stars) Book synopsis: Akash and Mil...