Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Magnolia Memories and Musings by Patricia Neely-Dorsey

"My Magnoila Memories and Musings" is the second book, written by Patricia Neely Dorsey. Continuing the tradition of embracing her Southern heritage and extinguishing the negative connotations about being Southern, Dorsey uses her love for Mississippi and the South in general to create a book of poetry destined to trigger your own Southern memories and memories of your own life.  This book of poetry can be devoured fast or slow, depending on the reader's pace and the flow of the reader's own Magnolia memories.  Just by looking at the cover of the infamous Magnolia flower, a reader can just feel Dorsey's Southern Pride screaming at you.  Using this book of poetry in my class at Jackson State University, I read some of her poems during my writing marathon sessions.  Not only was a using the poems to help my students trigger their own memories for the writing topic, I showed my students that people from Mississippi are wonderful writers/authors and inspired my students to take pride in their Southern Heritage. Click on the links to purchase your copy of "My Magnolia Memories and Musings."

Now here is what you can do since you have read thus far!!! You can click on the link and order the book I have just shared with you. If you really enjoyed reading about this book, share this post on Twitter or Facebook. Don't forget to share you thoughts and comments below.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for a wonderful review and for using Magnolia Memories in your classes.

    ReplyDelete

Discovering the Joys of Being in a Book Club

Heaven and Earth Grocery Store Reading has been a sanctuary for me for as long as I can remember. Being surrounded by books provides unimagi...