Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Book Review: Life is Short by J. California Cooper

When I started reading this book, I had no idea that I would finish it in one day.  Life is Short But Wide" by J. California Cooper is a complicated romance novel that leaves you wondering so much.

As I maneuvered through "Life is Short But Wide", I felt the pain that Cooper was describing.  The grief, the abuse, and the poison are all elements of the book that made me cringe.  Cooper forced me to question human nature.  How can someone be evil or selfish or uncaring?  What motivates someone to be full of spite?

In "Life is Short But Wide", Cooper tells a story that makes you crave true love.  She gives you hope that real love is possible.  I could relate to both Herman's desires, as well as Myine.  The ending of the text was everything I hoped it to be, but ironically, it made me appreciate the beginning even more.  I love stories that end on a happy note.

If I continue writing more, I will have to include spoilers.  However, I must say that J. California Cooper is a masterful storyteller, who did not disappoint me in "Life is Short But Wide."

Let's connect on Goodreads.
Connect with me on Facebook.
Follow me on Twitter.  
My currently-reading shelf:
Cassandra Hawkins Wilder's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
Check out my other blog: Transitioning to Me: Life after Divorce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Discovering the Joys of Being in a Book Club

Heaven and Earth Grocery Store Reading has been a sanctuary for me for as long as I can remember. Being surrounded by books provides unimagi...