Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cinnamon Kiss by Walter Mosley

On today, I returned the audiobook, "Cinnamon Kiss," by Walter Mosley. This book taught me that I probably should have read the Easy Rawlings's books in order. I definitely should have read this one before reading "Blonde Faith." I found myself constantly mentally referring back to what happened in "Blonde Faith," and I was comparing it to "Cinnamon Kiss." Thanks to this book, I can connect Feather's sickness, Black's relationship with Easy, Mouse's demeanor, Easy's relationship with Bonnie, and so much.

One of the things I did not like about this book was the sexual scenes. Somehow hearing them instead of reading them made the scenes appear extra vulgar and too graphic. I can't remember if "Blonde Faith" had sexual scenes. The middle of the book and close to the end was filled with those scenes. Perhaps external influences from my own life played a part in recognizing them and not being pleased. I did not think they actually added to the plot of the book.

The plot was filled with so many twists and turns. I felt like  I was on a roller coaster. I never could predict the direction. Ever time when I thought I had it figured out, turns out I was far away.

Now, the question that needs to be answered: Would I recommend this book? Yes, I would recommend this book. Why? I would recommend it because over all it was really good. The audiobook version to me made the book appear long. I listened to 6 CDs.  I have not seen the actually book, so I cannot say if it is long enough. This audiobook made me aware of Mosley's ability to draw you into the plot. Have you read this book?

Now here is what you can do since you have read thus far!!! You can click on the link and order the book I have just shared with you. If you really enjoyed reading about this book, share this post on Twitter or Facebook. Don't forget to share you thoughts and comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Discovering the Joys of Being in a Book Club

Heaven and Earth Grocery Store Reading has been a sanctuary for me for as long as I can remember. Being surrounded by books provides unimagi...