Wednesday, April 18, 2018

St. Francis Public Library - Wisconsin

Usually, when I travel, I make a point to find a locally owned bookstore. I’ve always been fascinated by these types of bookstores, and often, I fall in love with their unique charm.




My first day in Milwaukee, Wisconsin resulted in me finding this gem. The librarian shared with ne the schedule for their Friends of the Library Book sale, which happened to be the very next day. 



When I returned the next day, I was amazed at how organized the book sale was. They have a room dedicated to the sale. Organized by categories, the room felt like a mini used bookstore. 




Talking to the volunteer, I learned that she was a former English teacher. She was so excited to see that I purchased some classics. 



I love how books unite people regardless of race, gender, locale, and etc. I shared with her snippets of who I was and where I was from. I learned that she once visited Oxford to decide if she would relocate there after her retirement. However, she ended up retiring in Milwaukee. 



Even in the airport, I was asked several times about how I liked Leo Tolstoy’s book, Anna Karenina. With my highlighter in tow, I felt like I was teaching English again and preparing for a lecture. 

I’ve decided to start visiting libraries when I travel because that’s something that my parents did when we were younger. Visiting St. Francis Library proved to be well-worth the visit. I left happy and filled with joy. 

Follow me on Instagram.
Let's connect on Goodreads.
Connect with me on Facebook.
Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Akash and Mila and the Big Jump by Anthony C. Delauney

Book: Akash and Mila and the Big Jump Author: Anthony C. Delauney Format: Hardcover Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟(5 Stars) Book synopsis: Akash and Mil...