Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Confident Woman by Joyce Meyers

When my coworker noticed how distraught I was becoming about my divorce, she suggested that I read "The Confident Woman" by Joyce Meyers. I am so glad that I read this book. Many of the chapters spoke to me, especially some of the examples presented. I remember thinking or doing them. I never could figure out why it took me so long to finish reading this book.  Now I know exactly why. I had to finish this book today... just in time for the beginning of a new year, 2011, and a new life for me.

Broken into two parts (confidence and fear), "The Confident Woman" is a must-read for any woman desiring to reach her full potential, while changing negative hinderances. For me, the chapters on Fear (seven) held the most impact for my life. Several things I desire to do and pursue, I have not done because of my fear of failure. Two things in particular include working for myself full-time with my image consulting business, Sensational Image Consulting INC, and opening a clothing boutique.  Using scriptures to correspond with her text, Meyers' writing style speaks to you and tells you exactly what you need to hear.  I know I have read what I needed to hear and will be using this book to motivate me towards living out my full potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Akash and Mila and the Big Jump by Anthony C. Delauney

Book: Akash and Mila and the Big Jump Author: Anthony C. Delauney Format: Hardcover Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟(5 Stars) Book synopsis: Akash and Mil...