Monday, January 03, 2011

First Book of #2011: Phillis Wheatley Poems on various subjects, religious and moral

What a powerful way to begin my reading lists for 2011! Reading Phillis Wheatley poetry was so interesting. I read it on my iPad through the kindle application. This book of poetry was also my first book completed on my iPad.  What a monumental day! I am just dumbfounded that she was a slave and that she wrote these poems during the 1700s.  However, my psychobiographical background forces me to be intrigued by the numerous poems, which are laced with death themes. I was intrigued by the many poems, which were poems to people who had experienced death.  The poem dedicated to the five year old girl who dies was very touching. Overall, this poetry drew me back into the world of literary criticism so fast that I could not help but give this book five stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Akash and Mila and the Big Jump by Anthony C. Delauney

Book: Akash and Mila and the Big Jump Author: Anthony C. Delauney Format: Hardcover Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟(5 Stars) Book synopsis: Akash and Mil...