Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Two Books... One Author: "Billy" and "Holly" by Albert French

Following The Prissy Book Snob's blog, I ended up reading "Holly" by Albert French because the library didn't have "Billy" by Albert French. When I reached the climax of this story, I never would have imagined it in a million years.  Yet, the way "Holly" ends is a mixture of happiness and sadness. I shed tears of both, all at the same time. Somehow though, I couldn't wrap my head around the exact significance and message French was trying to get to, but once I reached the ending, I completely understood and appreciated it. French is an amazing author, whose vivid ability to write puts its reader in a trance and makes the reader forget their own reality. Looking at the cover of "Billy," the cover does not prelude to what the story could possibly be about.  This story was just as descriptive and hypnotizing as "Holly." Yet, the ending as a shrill reality that you know even though this book is fiction, this story is probably someone's relative story in the Deep South. Both are a must read for any avid reader, who appreciates a descriptive writing tone and unpredictable plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Akash and Mila and the Big Jump by Anthony C. Delauney

Book: Akash and Mila and the Big Jump Author: Anthony C. Delauney Format: Hardcover Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟(5 Stars) Book synopsis: Akash and Mil...