Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Spirit of Intimacy: Ancient African Teachings in the Ways of Relationships by Sobonfu Some

Given to me by a coworker at the beginning of my divorce, The Spirit of Intimacy: Ancient African Teachings in the Ways of Relationships by Sobonfu Some was a very interesting book.  Dealing with various aspects of relationships, Some introduces rituals from her village, as well as the theories and methodology surrounding these rituals.  Many of the rituals I could not see myself actually practicing, but the symbolic nature of these rituals I could actually see myself incorporating into my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Akash and Mila and the Big Jump by Anthony C. Delauney

Book: Akash and Mila and the Big Jump Author: Anthony C. Delauney Format: Hardcover Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟(5 Stars) Book synopsis: Akash and Mil...